In modern education, the share of self-directed learning of students has increased. This work requires reports in written form. While reports should be in compliance with certain design standards. The resource tesilab.it will help you in the design of student papers.
Self-directed learning of students is any educational, extracurricular activity in which students set a goal themselves; choose a task and type of work. The teacher only sets the scope of the search, pays attention to the necessary methodological literature and determines the timing.
Forms of self-directed learning
Self-directed learning of students may differ in types and forms.
|Written types of learning||Non-standard homework assignments||Individual tasks|
Advantages and role of self-directed learning
Students may get lost and feel confused in case of self-directed learning. Don’t be afraid of an unusual form of activity. Self-directed learning helps to:
- develop independent thinking skills;
- apply imagination, creativity;
- learn how to work with scientific materials, additional literature;
- plan your time efficiently;
- form the skills of finding the necessary information;
- develop the ability to structure, highlight the main thing;
- express your thoughts concisely and clearly in writing;
- find solutions to any non-standard tasks.
Most employers pay attention both to knowledge and the presence of Soft Skills. This category includes the ability to think independently, find a common language with other people, be flexible and constantly learn new things. The role of independent work of students in the development of these skills is high.